8.10.2011

Forgiveness

There is something I've been struggling with.  "FORGIVENESS "  Forgiveness of myself and others.
I found the words below written by Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts and the
 inspirational blog, A Holy Experience


Three Ways to Forgive


1. Be a Screen Door

Like the wind blows through a screen door, let blustry comments, stormy blasts just blow right past. Incidents can only hit hard if you have your front door closed. But having a screen door policy allows some of the pain to blow by, us all hidden in Christ….

2. Only Believe the Best

When you believe that everyone is always just doing their best, that we never war against flesh and blood but against the principalities, that in light of this fallen world and sinful limitations, they truly are doing their best… this changes everything. Love bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things and whatever is good and pure and lovely, think on these things.

3. Tell the Thankful Truth

The truth is, there is always something, a lot, to give thanks for and that is the truth about every single parent. Consider offering a father, a mother, the gift of a jar full of slips of paper with your gratitude and thankful memories jotted down. This kind of grateful truth-telling helps to heal old wounds.

                                                                                                  Ann Voskamp



Ann's words apply to forgiveness for  anyone (yourself, your husband/wife, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, co-workers).

God speaks to what my heart needs through others, just when I need them.

Thank you Ann.  



2 comments:

  1. Oh Deborah, how I can relate to this struggle. I used to fight it so hard that I didn't even know I needed to forgive certain people. Now, I know it, but will still struggle to follow through with forgiveness.

    I don't usually like to pass along my own posts, but someone (much wiser than me) taught me truths about forgiveness that forever changed me and I think you will find them beneficial
    1) http://ambocullum.blogspot.com/2011/06/journey-of-faith-friday-forgiveness.html
    2) http://ambocullum.blogspot.com/2011/06/journey-of-faith-friday-7-truths-about.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. And thanks for this post. Forgiveness is so powerful, and so hard!

    ReplyDelete