1.01.2011

Happy New Year!

I've been reflecting the past few days on 2010.  Did I accomplish any of my New Year's resolutions?  That would be a big "NO".  I am one of "those" people who makes  many New Year's resolutions every year and I don't typically keep any of them.    But looking back on this past year I realize there were changes in my life.  First, our family grew:  a new grandson (4 grandkids now, yeah), two new great-nieces by way of adoption and two new great-nephews.   We became involved with "Trees of Glory" by having a sponsor child,  Dege.

Then there was the life  adjusting changes:  my husband medically retired the beginning of December.    I also became a blogger this year  quite by accident.   I had never even been on a blog when my niece started a blog to document her journey through adoption and as I followed it (and others) I just knew it was for me.  I'm not very good at it but I do love it.  I  grew in my Christian faith and developed a servant's heart for orphans and widows.  None of these were my resolutions but all of these were great blessings.

This year I think I'll do something different.  I will just resolve to be the best "me" that I can be.   Instead of saying resolutions, I'm  saying a prayer.  God, Please help me find the strength to resolve to be a better Christian, servant, wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, aunt, sister, friend and neighbor.  Show me the way Lord.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I Love this post and look forward to hearing how God uses you in 2011

    ReplyDelete