7.05.2011

Simple Woman's Daybook:July


Simple Woman\


                                                 http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

I am joining The Simple Woman's Day Book blog to journal my thoughts on this day. Please click on the link above if your interested in taking a look.

                                                  The Simple Woman's...Daybook: July

                                                                   July 4, 2011

                                                             Outside my window.....
I'm noticing how nice my yard looks and am thankful for all the hard work my husband puts into
                                                                         it. 
      
                                                              I am thinking....
     about how much I love the 4th of July and I'm so greatful to God that he saw fit for me to be
                                                          raised in the USA.  
            
                                                              I am thankful for........
               our freedom,  especially the high that was paid for that freedom over the past 235 years.
                                                              
                                                              From my kitchen...
     I made a delicious 4th of July French Toast Casserole and our annual Watermelon Ice-Cream. 

                                                                   Yummy!


                                                         

                                                                I am wearing.....
        a blue print shirt, blue shorts, blue and white tennis shoes a white and silver necklace 

           and silver hoop earrings. I'm looking for something red to go with it)

                                                                I am creating.......
                        red, white and blue star garland.  (stars from Pier 1 and fishing line) 


                                                                      I am going.......
                                           to see fireworks tonight with my sweetie


                                                                  I am reading.......
                 magazines:  Costal living, Martha Stewart, Southern Lady and Celebration
                                                                                                         (love Phyllis Hoffman)
 I'm planning on getting "Sweetwater Gap" this week.  I've been told it's a good summer read
            and I'm ready to begin reading "Nikon D-90 for Dummies" from cover to cover. 
                         (I believe the title tells everything in why I've picked that book)
                                                               

                                                               On my mind..........
1.  Why are people so disrespectful at patriotic events.  I was so disappointed in the number of people who not only didn't stand to recite the pledge and sing our anthem, they couldn't be bothered to be quite long enough for those who were participating.  And at a 4th of July celebration, no less.
2.  Why in the world would people purposely throw trash on the ground and into a lake at said celebration.   By the way, there were trash cans EVERYWHERE.  Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. 

                                                             Around the house........
    I've just found out I'm gonna have a house guest for a week in 2 DAYS so I'll be doing a lot
                                                 of cleaning "around the house" .
                (which I am happy about because there is nothing more fun than company)


                                                       One of my favorite things.....
                                   decorating and then having get-togethers for holidays
                                                           (ie: 4th of July this week)


                                                   A few plans for the rest of the week.....
                   getting the house ready and planning meals for above mentioned house guest
                               and a barbaque with work friends  next weekend
                                                                             :)


 
                                                        Small window into my life .....

      As I am writing this post, my man is cleaning the oven for me because he knows "I can't
                                 stand to do it".   He is definitely making my day.

                          I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.




5 comments:

  1. Great post! Have a wonderful time with your company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great fourth. I love our country and the men and women who protect us. I want to try your recipes. I'm a new follower from The Simple Womans Daybook. Doylelne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit, Deborah ~

    The watermelon ice cream looks like a fun idea! Enjoy your week with guests =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first Daybook! Do you think your Hubby will come clean my oven, now?

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Returning the daybook visit (PS I see you visited my friend Melanie - above comment - she's AWESOME!!!!). I love love love the look of your yummy breakfast (flag!) casserole & the watermelon cake too. Always glad to find another like-minded, patriotic, Christian lady out in blog land! God bless.

    ReplyDelete