7.10.2011

Roasted Vegetables

I'm joining Kelly from Kelly's Korner in Show-Us-Your-Life - Side Dish.  Stop by and check out all the delicious recipes. 


My all-time favorite, easy, go to side dish is Roasted Vegetables.  What is so great about it is you can choose whatever vegetables you like, whatever you have on hand.  


Pre Heat your oven to 400 degrees.




Cut up vegetables in a bowl and add olive oil and salt and pepper.  Mix thoroughly.  You can use as much or as little as you like.  I don't use a large amount but you want to make sure there is oil on all of the vegetables.  


1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1green pepper
1 orange pepper
1 red onion
2 zucchini 
2 yellow squash   (Use any vegetables you like:  asparagus, potatoes, greenbeans, etc.)



Put on a shallow pan and bake for 30 minutes.  The vegetables will slightly start to caramelize.  
    (I have a very old shallow sheet pan that I use exclusively for the roasted vegetables.)




Put in a serving dish and your done.  Easy, healthy and delicious.  You can't ask for anything more of a side dish.



As luck would have it, I'm on my way to a cook-out and I'm bringing a side dish.


       

1 comment:

  1. Dear Deborah,

    I wish I loved veggies.

    It looks wonderful.

    What book did you end up getting?

    Best,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete