4.28.2011

Favorite Things Thursday

                        I'm joining Miss Melanie  premiere link up called Favorite Things Thursday.







                                                                    Week # 1
                                                    Show Us Your Favorite Book

                                                (sorry but I had to narrow it down to 4)

                                                      
The Lion's Paw was my all-time favorite book of my childhood.  My favorite teacher, Mrs. Thorpe, read it to us in the fourth grade.  It took place in the state I was raised in so I felt so familiar with the settings.   I read it more times than I can count.   I loved that book and I loved Mrs. Thorpe.  She instilled a love of reading in me.  She finished reading it right before Christmas break and it has been  a bittersweet memory for me as she was transferred to another school in our district.   I missed her terribly.


                                                      

In Jr. High (wow, I'm really dating myself) we were assigned the book, To Kill a Mocking Bird" to read.  It was the first book I read that I couldn't put down because I just had to figure out the mystery.  I loved the book and later saw the movie and loved it also.


                                       The last  book that I read has become one my favorites.
                                         
                                            
Through Ann Voskamp's writings, she  has taught me to be thankful in all things.  A lesson I wish I had learned a long time ago because it has change me forever. 

3 comments:

  1. Great book choices. I remember reading To Kill a Mockingbird in middle school too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill A Mockingbird is also one of my favorite books! I'd say is on my top 10 list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 9th grade English teacher in High School had us read To Kill a Mockingbird. I can't remember it. Not because it wasn't good, just because I didn't care back then. But its on my "to read list" so I'm excited to read it

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete