12.11.2011

Gingerbread House

My first gingerbread house where I actually made the dough, cut out the pieces,
baked them, assembled and decorated.     I was able to use enough icing to cover
up most of my mistakes and I was happy with the results.  The best part is the entire house smell like gingerbread all day.  I don't think I'll ever go back to the pre-baked
 kits.   I also don't think I'll ever be entering any gingerbread house competitions
either (which was a dream of mine).  This one took me 4 hours and it's fairly small.
 I will just be content with a little one for our home.




1 comment:

  1. That is super-cute! I used to make them from scratch, even before I had kids, and my little cousins thought I was the coolest! I should actually try this now, with my own kids, and get a few fun-mom points! :)

    ReplyDelete