6.22.2011

Party Decorations!

I had a great time hosting a double birthday party for my grandkids, Makenzie and Brody.  They live out of state and since a great deal of family live locally and their birthdays are a month apart, we decided to make a combination party and what greater theme (when you live in Florida) than Mickey and Minnie.

It was such fun finding decorations and favors.


The "welcome sign", birthday banners, invitations and treat bag "thank you" labels were purchased at "Whimsical Printables".  Jeannine worked with me and offered suggestions which were so helpful.  Her value was excellent and I was so happy with her work.


Makenzie and Brody already owned Mickey and Minnie thanks to their Daddy, who went on a business trip.  The letters "M" and "B" were purchased at Hobby Lobby and spray painted black.


Pictures frames were purchased at TJ Maxx.  One was already black and one was grey.  Nothing a can of black glossy spray paint won't help.  I already had the candles.


Gumballs and M&M's were purchased from Party City.  Cookies were made locally by Antoinette Dreasher.  I've used her many times and her cookies are delicious, beautiful and very well priced.  You can contact her at antdreasher@yahoo.com  or cell phone 321-303-4166.



I made the cake ball, Mickey cake pops and Mickey lollipops.  They weren't much to look at but were delicious.  Yummy!


Cupcakes and "smash" cakes were from Publix.   I think the smash cakes were really cute and they
they tasted great.  (Oops, meant to move the dog food supplies in the corner)


         The centerpiece is just red carnations with spray painted styrofoam balls (and a bow for Minnie).


The goodie bags for the guests were little Mickey and Minnie treats I found around town.  Gumballs, Mickey/Minnie bracelets and Mickey/Minnie Pez dispensers were from Party City.  The conversation hearts were from Walmart.  The little red Mickey head is actually soap (cotton candy scented).  I ordered them here.  They were a big hit.


I made the crepe paper rosette balls.  You can find out how to make them online.  I can't remember where I first saw it so I can't give credit.  Sorry!  I think they turned out cute.





I got the Mickey ears at Party City.  They also had Minnie ears but it had a big pink bow.  So I bought Mickey ears and made bows with ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  I just sewed them directly onto the ears.

I was pretty happy with the way things came out.  Of course as usual, I didn't give myself enough time to  take pictures before the party so everything was rushed, out of focus and off center.  But that's how we roll around our house.

3 comments:

  1. great job with the decorations, debbie!

    i've been meaning to email you for months, but i've hardly been on the computer with my sickness, so i apologize. i LOVE hadley and elsa's jammy outfits...in fact, they are wearing them right now! thanks for thinking of all of my kids!
    you are so sweet--hope to meet you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome party -- and I love a good theme party! Those Mickey pops look yummy. Everything looks so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...ho...It's a Very Worthwhile!!
    Hollywood theme oscar party decorations are becoming extremely popular these days as more and more people are deciding on putting a twist to their normal run of the mill house party.

    ReplyDelete