8.16.2010

Meteor Shower



A group of us (GNO group and friends) spent the night at a cabin in Lake Louisa State Park (it's in Clermont) to see the meteor shower that happens every year on the 12th of August. I've never really done anything like that before and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't looking forward to spending a hot August night staring up at the sky fighting bugs and humidity. But I have to say, I had a great time visiting with friends and at 10:45 p.m. we actually saw a magnificent meteor go by the entire sky. It was beautiful (just like you would see in the movies). We couldn't believe it and were actually questioning what we saw. Later that evening we saw 10 to 20 other meteors further away but the first one was by far the best. Yes, it was hot, humid and the bugs seemed to especially like me but seeing God's splendor was so worth it. I will never forget it.

Thanks Gail for planning everything and talking me into going. You're the best. I had a great time. For any of you who haven't visited Lake Louisa State Park, it is a beautiful park (you may not think you're even in Florida), the cabin are very nice and most importantly, air conditioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment