10.14.2010

Photography 101

I have alway had an interest in photography.  Actually it is more of a deep seated desire to take really good pictures of my family.  Since I have never been very good,  I decided to take a photography class with Mike and my good friend, Debbie G.
I've been learning new terms like aperature, ISO, white balance, shutter speed and F-stop and how it pertains to taking pictures.  Billy is a great photographer and teacher and I'm really enjoying it.  There are a lot of very talented people in the class.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of them but I am learning.  Our first assignment was to take a high ISO and low ISO picture.                                                    

                                                                       

High ISO

Low ISO



The only problem is that I should of taken the first picture in low ISO because the sunlight was so bright.
I should of taken the second picture in high ISO because it was almost sundown.  

Lesson 1:  Low ISO if you have a lot of sunlight.
High ISO if you do not have a lot of light (ie: sundown, incandescent or florescent).

No comments:

Post a Comment