4.01.2016

SUYL - Beauty Products


Today I'm joining Kelly of Kelly's Korner for her weekly SUYL link ups.

This week is all about beauty products.
Now, I'm the first to admit that makeup is not my forte.  
I've never been particularly good at it and I'm still in search of "the"
eye liner, lip sticks, eye shadows, blush, mascara, shampoos and conditioners that I really like
and want to stick with.  Hopefully I will find what I'm looking for
in all of your posts.  

There are a few things in the beauty realm that are tried and true for me,
worth the cost and I feel like I could really recommend.

This is my all time favorite hand lotion.  I know it's seasonal but
I tend to buy enough to last the year at the after season sales at Williams-Sonoma.
I know scents are specific to each person.
This does make my hands so very soft, has a fragrance that I LOVE and
doesn't leave a greasy residue on your hands.
I also use it on my legs and arms.






The Philosophy 3 in 1
Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath
is one product that I'm willing to pay a little more
for because they smell so incredibly wonderful.
There are to many scents that I love to be able to list them so
I'm posting my tried and true vanilla.
They are gentle on your skin and lasts for quite along time
so I can justify the costs which is about 16.00 a bottle.
I purchased them on QVC which has some great specials,
Sephora, Ulta and their online site.





Most of you I'm sure have tried or heard about Wet Brushes and Combs.
If you haven't tired them, you really are missing out.
A must have in a home with girls.
No more tangles or tears.
I usually buy mine at Target.
Brushes are about 8.99 and Combs are 3.99.








My eyes are sensitive to lotions and scents and this facial
moisturizer is perfect for that.
It is light, doesn't have a greasy feel and leaves your
skin so soft.  I put it directly on my eye lids and has
never irritated my eyes.
I have tried cheaper facial lotions and I always ended
up returning to clinique.
Lesson learned.
It is sold at Sephora, Ulta and all major department stores.






Sunscreen is a necessity when you live in sunny Florida.
I love this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer liquid sunscreen SPF 70.
I apply it after my moisturizer on my face and neck area.
Just steer clear of your eyes.
I buy mine at Walmart Market but I'm sure they carry it in all places that carry
Neutrogena products (i.e.: drug stores, walmart, target and grocery stores). 
 It's somewhere around $10.00 but lasts me at least 3 months of 
daily use.





As I mentioned above, I'm not a poster girl for knowing
how to apply and wear makeup.  If I'm not leaving the house
I don't even bother..  One thing I know for sure, I don't
like the feeling of heavy makeup.
I use this  Revlon Photoready BB cream almost like a cover up for circles under my eyes and 
evening out redness in my face.  It's very light and feels
like I don't have anything on.  I use Light/Pale even though I have a light/medium
skin tone and it works great.  There are also lots of shades to choose from.
And a little goes a long way.  This will last me 4 to 6 months and is under $10.00.
Again, I buy mine at Walmart Market but can be purchased anywhere Revlon is sold.
It's also SPF 30 as an added bonus.






I've been using bareMinerals for years now
and I can't say enough about how much I love it.
I use the Original in Medium Beige and though I feel it's slightly dark
for me now,  I'm not in the sun nearly as much as I was previously.
Next time I'll buy a shade lighter.  I have a large container .08 ounces that 
I bought on QVC  months and months ago because it was a great deal and I still have
quite a bit left.  It was $30.00 if I remember correctly but I'm sure it will last the year.
It can be purchased at major department stores, ultra, sephora and QVC.





After I apply my moisturizer, sunscreen, BB cream and powder, I give my
face a spritz of the elf makeup mist and set.
It truly holds my makeup in place all day.  It seems like it makes
your face wet but will dry in about 30 seconds.  It really works.
I bought mine at Target for $3.00.  So worth it.






I will admit I'm lacking in the diligence department
when it comes to ALWAYS taking my makeup off at night.
I do most nights but am constantly trying to be more consistent.
I love my Clarisonic Mia 2.  I've had it for 2 years and it is probably the 
best purchase I've made for myself ever.
I have very dry skin and it works wonders in keeping
my skin fresh.  Remember I said fresh, not wrinkle free.  
It doesn't perform miracles.  ;)



I use to buy the clarisonic face cleanser but I felt it was just
too expensive and not convenient to purchase in my neighborhood.
I decided to try the elf daily face cleaner and I'm so happy
with the results.  You just need to use a dot on the Mia 2 brush head
and it works great.  I buy it at Target or Walmart Market and the best
part is it's $5.00.  I've had it a month already and I haven't even used half
of the container.  I'm guessing it will last about 3 months.  
Works great, inexpensive and you only use a small amount.
Win.Win.Win



Well, there you have it.  
These are the products I love and will continue to use.  I think they are
worth the cost which is always a standard I like to have on any products I use.

While I'm not the one to give advice about the more traditional beauty items,  I'm hoping to get some great recommendations.

Thanks Kelly for having such great subjects on your SUYL link ups and
thanks everyone for sharing your time and advise to help each other out.



No comments:

Post a Comment